Last weekend I learned how to can chicken. We found an awesome deal on chicken for about $1.49 lb. Paul's parents said that they would split a 40 lb. box of chicken with us and then they would teach us how to can it. I was so excited because I have never canned meat before or used a pressure cooker. It took us a couple of hours to do, and I LOVED IT!!!




When we were done, it was such a great feeling seeing all of the quart jars full of chicken for our food storage. Porter had a lot of fun hanging out with Grandma Rasband while we were busy canning! 






We also saw some pelicans and a great big hawk. We had so much fun!! Porter did very well 

during the car drive except when Grandpa Rasband made his swan call..haha. Porter screamed and screamed and was probably wondering what happened to Grandpas regular voice. Thanks so much Clyde and Cheryl for a wonderful time.

Last weekend, Porter and I also took a fun little roadtrip down North (while Paul was doing homeworkd of course) about 1 1/2 hours out by ATK and the Golden Spike Museum. Clyde (my father in law) had been out their the day before and had seen thousands and thousands of swans and snow geese and wanted to show us all of them. There weren't quite that many when we went, but we still saw TONS and it was incredible. They are so beautiful!


1 comment:
The pictures are so cute! You are absolutely gorgeous Emily!
I want to can chicken SO bad! My aunt has one, so I just need to get her to let me come and do it. :) how long did it take you?
Post a Comment