Friday, March 26, 2010

2010 Marathons

So I did it. About a month ago, I signed up for these two marathons!!


http://www.gti-stavanger.org/news_showpost.asp?PostID=1645

I think I am addicted to running marathons. Just knowing that I have two marathons ahead of me, makes me super excited. My first one is The Utah Valley Marathon on June 12th, which gives me about 2 more months left of training. That makes me a little nervous, but I am trying to follow a pretty strict training schedule so I think I should be ok. My second marathon is in Stavanger, Norway and I am so increcibly excited for this one. My dream has always been to run a marathon in Europe and that I found one in Norway that coorelates perfectly with when we are going to be there in August is just so wonderful. I need to start researching my marathon shoes that I will use for my 1st marathon since I need to purchase them sometime near the end of April so I can break them in a bit before the marathon. All three marathons that I have ran so far, I have used Asics and I have been super happy with them..so I will probably be getting another pair of them. If anyone wants to join me for any of these marathons, PLEASE DO!!!

3 comments:

TJ and Jessica said...

Emily! That is so awesome that you're doing that! I wish I could join you, I've always wanted to do a marathon, but there is NO way my body would be ready anytime soon :) Good luck!!

Cerra said...

You are a rock star! Good job.

Tracey said...

Umm..you're amazing!!! Just the thought of running a marathon makes me tired:)