Tuesday, September 22, 2009

7 Months Already






The months are flying way too fast! Here I am already blogging about Porters 7 month mark..soo crazy! Porter has started talking in "sentances" and he is so expressive when he talks and it is absolutely adorable! He definitely loves hearing all of the new sounds that he can make and we love listening to him. He also continues to love people and will do all that he can do to get their attention. He flashes a huge smile for anyone that comes near him and he just melts your heart. I honestly feel that he has been blessed with the gift of loving people and sharing his love with his beautiful smile. Porter is sitting up incredibly well now and very seldom falls over. He is very good at catching himself if he is about to fall over and can easily reach for things and still make it back to his sitting position. He also can stand by himself holding on to something for about a minute at a time. He still hates being on his back and definitely prefers to be sitting or standing. He is definitely in the oral stage and loves putting anything and everything in his mouth. I definitely have to watch him 24/7 making sure that what is in his mouth is supposed to be there. He especially loves sitting outside and playing in the grass with his toys or with the leaves. He could sit outside for hours if I let him. We fed him applesauce for the first time yesterday and he LOVES it. I think that is his favorite food item so far. He also LOVES drinking water from a cup and is so cute when he does it. He still doesn't have any teeth but his gums are pretty swollen and he has been extremely drooly and more fussy than usual, so we are just waiting for them to come. He loves animals just like his Daddy and will just laugh and giggle when he sees my Mom's dog and cat. He is wearing size 6-9 month clothes with the exception of sweaters and jackets which are 12 months and the 2 piece pajamas which are 2T. He sleeps about 10 hours a night and wakes up usually once in the night. He has started playing "patty cake" and it is the cutest thing in the world. He also claps every time someone new walks into the room, or when he is excited. It is so adorable. WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH BABY PORTER! HAPPY 7 MONTHS!! :)

1 comment:

Shirley said...

He is so cute!! He is growing so much! I can't wait until Ryan starts clapping. Do two piece pajamas usually run small? I haven't even looked at them because they are usually "too big."

I love your monthly updates. You are so detailed about what he's done. It's awesome!