Sunday, May 10, 2009

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!


On this Mothers Day, I am truly grateful for my wonderful Mother. She is one of the strongest women I know. She has taught me so much and I look up to her so much. She has always been there for me and has shown me and taught me the importance of love, gentleness, kindness, patience, charity, etc. She is the best listener in the world and always gave fabulous advice when I needed it. I always appreciated how real my Mother is. She accepts everyone the way they are and I never felt like I had to be someone I wasn't. She always supported me in everything I did. Always at my soccer and basketball games, track meets, choir concerts, numerous races that I have ran, etc. She has always taught me the importance of the gospel in our lives and I appreciate her example so much. My Mom is such a courageous and heroic lady and I really hope that I can become half of the Mother she is someday. She was not just a Mother to my siblings and I, but she has always been a Mother to everyone. Our house has always been the house on the neighborhood where people want to come and hang out and this is because my Mom always made everyone feel welcome and comfortable. I remember numerous times when others would "live" at our house for a time because of unsafe circumstances at their own homes. My Mom always took others under her care. I constantly receive compliments about how others wish they had a Mom like mine, and how awesome my Mom is. I will forever be indebted to my Heavenly Father for giving me such a beautiful and incredible Mom. Some of the memories that I have with my Mom are: Sitting on our front porch with our blankets and pillows listening to the rain. Long hours spent in the kitchen helping her bake all kinds of breads, cookies, and other goodies. Sitting on the couch in the evening listening to her read us "Little house on the Prairie" while I always pretended to fall asleep so that she would carry me to bed. Listening to her sing us sweet Norwegian lullabies before we would fall asleep at night. Taking long walks in the rain and on the canal. Watching our favorite movies together: Pride and Prejudice, Ever After and The Secret Lifes of Bees. Having a blast at 2 Gaither concerts. My Mom always goes all out for holidays and makes them extra special full of incredible foods, decorations, and fun. I love how she has emphasized the importance of our heritage and always included Norwegian traditions and culture in our upbringing. Traveling throughout Europe especially in England and Norway. Before we went to England, I tore my PCL and was on crutches for 8 months. She would always come to my physical therapy appointments and spent hours doing things for me that I couldn't do for my self. While in England, I wasn't always able to go on the excursions with our study abroad group because of the distance, pain, etc. My Mom always stayed back me and made our time together wonderful. We probably went to Warwick Castle at least 10 times together. Laughing so hard and uncontrollably that we cry (My Mom has the best laugh out of anyone that I know). Those are just a touch of the numerous wonderful memories that I have with my Mom. I also appreciate so much that she has let Paul, Porter and I live at her house for so long and for all that she has done for us while we have been here. She also is such an incredible Grandma to Porter. I LOVE YOU MORE THAN YOU WILL EVER KNOW MOM!! Thank you so much for all that you have done for me and our family!! HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!






2 comments:

Cerra said...

So sweet Em. We love Anka! Happy Mothers' Day to your too! :-)

EvaandJosiah said...

That's such a great little mini tribute to Anka Em, that's so cute. Not only is your mom everything you said, but those quality are the same as well for Erik, Shane, Natasha, Teddy, Donna and yourself. You are all very sweet and polite and honestly care for others.