PREGNANCY WEEK 28
11 1/2 WEEKS TO GO!!!
WOW!! I can't believe that we have already hit week 28! I think that the time has really been flying lately, especially with the holiday season. Just a couple more months and he is here!! I need to keep reminding myself that 11 1/2 weeks is really nothing and that I need to enjoy this pregnancy as much as I can because it will soon be over!! I am so incredibly excited to meet this little guy! I just love him so much already!! I am feeling soooo extremely pregnant lately! I feel sooo huge!! I have finally resorted to wearing Paul's clothes when I am home... haha! They are so baggy and so comfortable!!! :-)
Here is a picture of me at week 28 sporting Paul's comfy clothes!
I had a really fun experience with my little guy the other night. Before I fall asleep, I really like to at least feel him kick once.. for some reason this comforts me in knowing that he is ok. I was lying in my bed for what seemed like forever, and he wouldn't kick. Finally I put my hand on my stomach and I said out loud "Sweetheart, will you please just give me a little punch or a kick just to let me know you are ok". Not even a second later he kicked SOOOO HARD exactly where I had placed my hand on my stomach. It was so halarious. It was like he had actually heard me and understood exactly what I said. I couldn't stop laughing after that. I thought that was kind of neat!!
The pregnancy is continuing to go pretty well. I have definitely been lucky with this pregnancy. I am now sleeping soooo much better than I was just a couple of weeks ago. I am still having troubles with my hip and butt hurting while I am sleeping and usually have to switch sides every hour, but at least it is a lot better than it was. I think the pain is just caused by the pressure of having so much extra weight! PREGNANCY PILLOWS ROCK!! I am sure by my last month, the only comfortable way for me to sleep will be propped up in a chair! The only other complaint I am having is my acid reflex.. it is pretty bad, but that is to be expected with the baby constantly pressing against the stomach. Tums are now my bestest friend!! My appetite is amazing! HAHA! Last week Paul and I went out to eat at The Golden Corral! It is a huge buffet which means that I ate tons and tons. I was so full afterwards, but about an hour after leaving I honestly felt starved and all I could think about was downing another big meal. I guess baby Craven is a big eater already! :-)
Well here are some facts on week 28:
Welcome to the third trimester. By 28 weeks pregnant your baby is 15.75 inches or more! He weighs in at about 2 and a half pounds! Your baby should also be sprouting eyelashes by pregnancy 28 weeks, which will blink repeatedly if you were to shine a bright light on your belly. By pregnancy 28 weeks your uterus measures at least 3 inches above your bellybutton, or is approximately 28 cm tall. You should be steadily gaining weight from pregnancy week 28 and beyond. The baby is busy adding new skills such as blinking to an already impressive repertoire of tricks like coughing, sucking, hiccuping, and taking practice breaths. Your baby's sleep now includes the REM (rapid eye movement) phase — and that means he could be dreaming already. Also, their industrious little bone marrow is now a major construction site for developing red blood cells, while their super-cute adrenal glands are actually producing androgen and estrogen—which will stimulate your hormones to begin milk production. His brain tissue continues to develop folds and grooves on what was once a smooth surface. Even though he's bigger, he still has plenty of room to flip around, so whatever position he's in right now will likely shift over the next three months. The lungs are capable of breathing oxygen now, but your baby would struggle to breath properly if born now. About 9 out of 10 babies born now will survive with intensive care services and the help of medical technology
2 comments:
Emily you are SOOO cute!!!!! I loved that story and I am CONVINCED that he really did hear you and was already obeying his mommy!!! I hope I will get to see him when he comes!! :o)
I think I am going to try that out and see if my little boy obeys as well as yours does! I have a doppler I use and he hates it, so that's what I do to get him to move. :)
You're so lucky you can fit into your husband's clothes! I think I am definitely bigger than my hubby at this point. At least he still weighs more.
Congrats on getting to week 28. You look so awesome and I'm sure you'll just get cuter and cuter each week!
Post a Comment