While on our cruise to the Caribbean, we were able to make 2 stops to see some beautiful Islands. The first day we spent in a little Island called Cozumel. We had such an amazing day!! Cozumel is absolutely breathtakingly beautiful.
We signed up for a super fun excursion where we rented jeeps and drove around Cozumel. We stopped to see a Mayan Ruin which is called Tumba del Caracol. It is also known as the Shell Tomb and was used as a Hurricane siren because the wind would blow through the conch shell and it would make a loud noise warning them of a possible Hurricane.
Can you spot the Crocodile head?
Then we hopped back in our jeeps and headed to see the Celarain Lighthouse. It is located at the southern most part of the island and was built to warn ships passing at night so that they would not run aground. There we scaled the 127 steps to look out at what is the best panoramic view of Cozumel.
Then we drove our jeeps to Punta Sur where we went snorkeling, ate the most delicious Mexican food ever, and relaxed on the beautiful beach. We were in heaven!
Our first time snorkeling!! It was amazing to see so many schools of fish and beautiful colored fish. I could snorkel all day long and I was amazing to be able to experience it in such beautiful ocean.
Our excursion included all you could eat Mexican food. Of course we ate and ate and ate. There is not a lot of better food than authentic Mexcian food. I was in complete heaven!! MMmmmm… just looking at these pictures makes my mouth water.
And the rest of the day we hung out in these amazing beach side hammocks and beach chairs and just relaxed and enjoyed the beautiful surroundings. What an amazing and beautiful place. I can’t even explain how beautiful the beaches were and how warm the ocean water was. It was at least 85 degrees.. absolutely amazing! Aww.. looking at these pictures, I already want to start planning another trip back!
And then it was time to head back to the Cruise ship. Had to stop and take some pictures of the beautiful walk back to the Cruise ship..aww.. such a gorgeous place!
Before hoping back on the ship, I had to stop and take lots of pictures of the water. I couldn’t believe what a gorgeous blue it was!
So incredibly thankful and blessed for the chance that I had to spend this amazing day in such a beautiful place with my husband and sister and brother in law!! I will never forget it!
No comments:
Post a Comment