I grew up just about 2 minutes from the start of this trail to Battle Creek Falls. We did this hike all of the time growing up. It is such a beautiful hike. I have wanted to take my kids on this hike for some time, but never got around to it. Finally last Summer, I packed up the boys and we headed to Pleasant Grove to take them on this hike. I put Owen in the little backpack carrier and we hiked. The boys had SO MUCH FUN! They absolutely loved hiking, and playing in the Falls and the streams.
The boys were for sure that this was a bear cave and they thought it was the coolest thing ever! They tried to convince me to wait around for a bear.. but I told them that I was eager to get to the Falls!
The boys were so excited to finally get to the Falls. Porter jumped right in and could have played there forever. At first Kaden was a little nervous to go near the Falls because it was so loud, but then he warmed up and had a fun time playing. Owen was not a happy camper at the Falls. He was so tired from the big hike up that he was ready for a nap.. poor little guy.
Here is Kaden and Mommy hiking back down the mountain.
And of course after a long hike in the heat of Summer, we had to stop and get slushies from Taco Amigo on the way home! I am so glad that I could spend such a wonderful afternoon with my boys!! I can’t wait to do this hike with them again soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment