Sunday, April 12, 2015

Happy 6th Birthday Porter

Happy 6th birthday sweetheart!!  The past 6 years have flown by!  I can’t believe that you are 6 years old already.  WOW!  Porter, I am sitting here with tears in my eyes just thinking about what a special guy you are.  I love you more than words can say!  You amaze me everyday with all of the new things that you are learning and the wonderful boy that you are.  I always tell your Daddy that people everywhere are drawn to you.  Wherever you are and whatever you are doing.. you make friends.  Everyone loves being around you.  They can feel your sensitive and sweet spirit.  You have such an amazing talent at making people feel loved and accepted.  Everyday after school you have about 5 regular friends that follow you home from school to play. 

You are one of the most athletic people that I know.  You love riding your bike and your scooter, playing basketball, running, and you are so excited to start playing soccer this Spring.  You know some pretty amazing tricks on our trampoline and can jump for hours.

Your imagination is absolutely amazing.  It is so much fun to see how creative you are.  You are constantly making up fun games for you and Kaden to play.  You love to play monsters, ninjas, super heroes, and doctor with your brother Kaden.  You two are inseparable.  It makes me so proud to see how sensitive and sweet you are to your younger brothers.  Kaden looks up to you and admires you so much.  I am so grateful that Kaden and Owen get you for a big brother.

Something that I admire about you so much is your beautiful testimony.  Whenever you are sad or afraid, can’t sleep at night, etc. you always tell me that you are going to say a prayer to Heavenly Father to help you.  You always share with me the beautiful ways that prayer has helped in your life.  It was so cute the other day when you were playing a game downstairs and you ran upstairs to tell me that you were going to say a quick prayer so that Heavenly Father could help you try your best.  Or another time when you were constipated (poor little guy) and you said a prayer to Heavenly Father to help you be able to go to the bathroom quickly.. so so sweet.  You love family home evening and have started giving some of your own lessons.  It is so sweet to watch you prepare and listen to you share your knowledge of the gospel.  I know that your testimony will be a source of amazing strength to you throughout your life and it is amazing to me to see how much you have already grown in the gospel at such a young age.

You are such a ‘cozy’ boy.  You are constantly lighting candles and turning of the lights in the kitchen for dinner.  You love grabbing blankets for all of us to cuddle with for stories or movies.  And something super cute that you have started with our family is ‘Pancake Saturday’.  You thought it would be wonderful to eat pancakes every Saturday.  So we have done some kind of pancake every Saturday for a couple of months now.  During the week you will say, “I can’t wait for it to be Saturday.. I love Pancake Saturday”! Smile  You also still love me to sing to you at night and rub your face and your legs. 

Porter, I love you so much and am so proud of the amazing boy that you are.  I am so proud to be your Mommy.  Thank you for all that you do for me and our family.  I hope you had a wonderful birthday!  I love you so much!

Love,

Mommy

 

On Porter’s actual birthday, he requested eggs and waffles for breakfast, so here he is with his birthday breakfast. 

P2161715

Then he was asked to bring a birthday poster to school that he decorated so cute and we made some little birthday goodie bags with treats and toys for his classmates at school. 

P2161716

After school, we had Porter’s friend party.  We started at our house with pizza and a pinata.  The boys were so excited for the pinata and had a lot of fun!

P2171717 - Copy

P2171719 - CopyP2171720 - Copy

P2171723 - Copy

P2171726 - Copy

P2171728 - Copy

P2171730 - Copy

P2171732

Then we took Porter and his friends to the Trampoline Warehouse with some coupons that we had.  This place is absolutely amazing.  It definitely gets all of your energy out.  I love that it has places for all different ages so everyone, even little Owen, can be totally entertained.  I think the boys were pretty wiped out at the end but had a lot of fun.

P2171735

P2171737P2171738

P2171739P2171740

P2171749

P2171752P2171753

P2171754

P2171758

Porter's birthday

I think they all had a lot of fun!  Happy Birthday Porter!! Smile

No comments: