Sunday, August 31, 2014

Kaden

Cute little Kaden has had a big summer full of lots of big milestones that I wanted to make sure that I record.  First of all, we chopped off all of his baby curls!  Look at this beautiful boy with his gorgeous curls!! Aww.. he still looks like such a little guy.

Kaden1

Kaden2

Kaden3

P6116700

And here is our handsome guy all grown up with his haircut.  I can’t believe how much older he looks now with his haircut!  Such a beautiful little guy!  Aww.. I love him so much.

P7087823

Kaden1

P7158070

P8259759

On June 26th, we took the plunge finally and moved Kaden from his crib to the big boy bunk bed.  To say that Porter and Kaden were so excited would be a complete understatement.  When I first told them that we were moving Kaden in, the just bounced and played on the bunk bed for hours.  They were so excited… until it was time for bed.  Then Kaden said, “Ok Mom, I am ready to go back to my other bed.”  Poor little guy.  So I caved and let him sleep one more night in his crib.  Here are the silly boys playing in their bunk bed.

P6257311P6257312

P6257313P6257314

P6257317

The next night, Kaden wanted to try one more time to sleep in the bunk bed with Porter.  We decided that would be it..and even if it was hard.. we were moving him in for good.  He had a hard time at the start.. but quickly calmed down and fell right asleep.  It was so good seeing him be able to stretch out and have so much more space then he did in the crib.  What a big boy sleeping in such a big bed. 

P6267335

P6267336

Kaden has also mastered being potty trained this Summer.  Goodbye diapers and hello cute little underwear..haha.  He was so excited when I told him that he could now wear Mickey Mouse and Toy Story underwear..haha.  Something that really helped with the potty training was that I gave him a penny every time he went pee and 5 pennies every time he pooped..haha.  He thought that was the best thing ever to put the money in his piggy bank.  We also sang the song.. Hipp Hipp Hoorah, Kaden went pee pee on the potty todaaaaaay (from the tune of Super Why if you have seen that kids show..haha).  Sometimes when he went by himself I would hear him singing himself that song.  Such a little cutie. 

Kaden1kaden2

Another huge milestone for Kaden this summer was that we completely got rid of the bottle.  I know I know.. my child is 2 1/2.. but he was still drinking his bottle at night and was so addicted.. just like his older brother Porter was at this age.  I finally did what I did with Porter.  One day (August 13th), when he asked for his bottle I cut the top of the nipple off and gave it to him.  When he tried to drink it came gushing out of the top.  And I said.. “The bottle is broken so now we have to just use regular cups”.  Kaden was way too smart for this game and said, “That’s ok Mommy, I have lots of bottles.. or you can just go to the store and get a new one”.. little smartie pants.  But luckily when I handed him a sippy cup from then on out he was totally fine. 

What a huge Summer of changes Kaden has had.  But he has done fantastic with each one.  I am so proud of my little guy.  Kaden is such a special little guy.  There isn’t one day that goes by where he doesn’t come up to me with the biggest hugs or asks me if he can help me in any way.  He is always asking to help with making dinner, or doing dishes, or watering the yard, or feeding Owen. 

P8038662

P8098938

P8098940

P8098941

P8189313

P8118970

P8118977

He is such a little sweetheart and so loving.  I am so grateful that he is a member of our family.  I love you so much Kaden.

No comments: