Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Microwave Puffy Paints

So Porter has been sick with a cough and runny nose for the past couple of days, and was getting pretty frustrated that he couldn't go and play with his friends, so we desperately needed some fun indoor activities. I found this art activity for Microwave Puffy Paints and tried it with him and he had so much fun with it. I think we painted for almost 1 1/2 hours. We will definitely be doing this again soon!
Recipe for Microwave Puffy Paints:
1/2 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder

2 tsp salt

food coloring

Mix first 3 ingredients together and add water to make a smooth paste. Poor mixture into a couple of separate containers (we used cups) Add different colors of food coloring to each cup. Apply mixture to cardboard squares. We used paintbrushes and Q-Tips. Microwave the design on high for about 30-45 seconds until the paint puffs and it's all nice and dry.
After you microwave it, it dries very hard. So neat! And here is our finished projects. Porter played with the textures on the paper for quite some time. Awesome!!Can't wait to do this again!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Emily! These are sooo adorable! Porter is such a doll (: That is so fun! I'm so happy to hear about the new little boy coming too!! That is so exciting! I remember holding Porter when he was born and how tiny he was.. what a fun memory. That's so exciting (: love ya Em! I can't wait to see you again! love and prayers to the family!
love, Whitney

Tracey said...

Dude, you win the award for the best mom ever! You are always doing so many fun crafts and things with Porter! You inspire me! :)
P.S. I just can't believe how grown up Porter looks these days. He is officially a little boy, not just a toddler any more! He's so cute!