Saturday, September 11, 2010

Day Trip To Moss, Norway

While we were in Norway (August 15th to be exact), we took a fun day trip to a city called Moss. Moss is actually the city where my Mom was born and raised. It is SO INCREDIBLY BEAUTIFUL and right on the coast. We spent hours just playing in the ocean. It was awesome. I have no idea why, but Porter and I were the only ones that brought our swimming suits. Everyone else was party poopers. This was Porters first visit to the ocean and he LOVED it. Kind of fun that his first ocean trip was to the Atlantic Ocean.
We had tons of fun playing in the water and on the beach.
We took a beautiful walk around the coastline. I even found a slide that went into the ocean. Talk about SO MUCH FUN!!
Here are we are in beautiful Moss We saw lots of star fish
and Jelly Fish


and crabs, but didn't get any pictures of those.

We took a beautiful walk around Moss to a cute outdoor cafe. Here is us on our walk. At the cafe we had pizza and delicious icecream. My Mom and my brother Shane also ordered some kebabs that looked absolutely delicious. My Mom showed us the house that she grew up in. It was basically a one bedroom house shared between 6 kids and 2 parents. This picture shows the side of the house that they owned. Tiny huh!! I don't know how they did it. What an absolutely beautiful city. I love Moss so much. I am so glad that we all had the opportunity to spend such a wonderful day together. It was absolutely perfect. Thanks so much everyone. Love you all!


2 comments:

Tracey said...

Wow Emily! It looks like quite the fun trip that you had!! Looks like Porter did really well too, except for the plane ride. How did he do on the way home?
Norway looks like such a beautiful place. I'm sure it really will be a trip that you will cherish forever:)

Shirley said...

I loved this post!!! As always Porter is such a stud in every picture. I love the video of him playing with the water. He is so cute!!! And I LOVE the picture of you Paul and Porter with the ocean behind you and the one of you and paul. You are so cute! I think someday when we're older and can afford nicer vacations with friends, that we should totally go on one together! I think you would be so much fun to go with!