
I am not quite sure how this happened already, but on Sunday Porter turned 11 months and I just can't stop thinking that at this time next month I will have a 1 year old. He will be a toddler and not a baby. WOW.. time flies.
Porter has had a lot of firsts this past month and the biggest one was definitely that he started taking his first steps. Porter walked for the first time on Christmas Eve. He took 2 steps and my Mom was playing with him and screamed for all of us to come and see. We couldn't believe
that he was only 10 months and already starting to walk. Since then he has walked at least the length of half a room size and he has wonderful control. It is so much fun watching him
waddle back and forth. He is so cute. He is starting to understand what you say to him more and more. If I ask him if he wants to read some stories.. he will crawl over to his bookshelf and pull a couple of books off for me to read. He also understands if we tell
him that it is time for a nap, or ask him if he is hungry and he responds. He is such a smart little guy. He also imitates
words that you say to him and his tonation is amazing!! He also is good at pointing at things with his little pointer finger. Super cute. Yesterday we were showing him a picture of Jesus that we have han
ging up in our living room. A couple hours later, we asked him where's Jesus and he turned around and pointed to the picture. SOOOO ADORABLE!! He is saying "Dada and Mama and baba (for bottle) very well all the time. He's so playful and fun and VERY mishcievious. He loves to get into ANYTHING and EVERYTHING and is so curious. He loves playing games like 'baby hide and seek' and laughs histerically when he finds you. He loves to climb up on everything. He will hold on the edge of the table with his hands and try and pull h
imself up to where his legs actually leave the floor..it's pretty halarious to watch. Paul was watching one day while I was at the store and turned his head for a couple of seconds and Porter made his way into the bathroom and climbed in the tub by himself. Porter still hates baby food and hates for people to feed him. He would much rather feed himself. This makes eating enough a little difficult and we still feed him "baby shakes" (full of all sorts of foods) about twice a day to make sure that he is getting the nurishment that the needs on top of the table foods that we feed him. Porter also reached the weight limit (22 lbs) on his baby car seat and so he got a new one a couple of weeks ago.
He absolutely loves it also likes that he can face forward now. The first time he rode in it he was just smiling constantly. Porter has such a fun sense of humor and has started doing this cute little nose scrunch when he smiles. What a cutie. We love you so much Porter more than you will ever know. We are so thankful that you are a member of our family and for all of the joy and happiness that you bring with you wherever you go. Mommy and Daddy are so proud of you! HAPPY 11 MONTHS!!
him that it is time for a nap, or ask him if he is hungry and he responds. He is such a smart little guy. He also imitatesThe videos are from a couple of weeks ago so he is walking further and more controlled now! I will have to get an updated video soon! ENJOY! :)
4 comments:
Wow! I am going to cry. He is soooo big and looks so old! That little guy has my heart. I still can't get over how much he looks like Paul, but only his profile. It's funny. I can't wait to see him walk. You know he's going to be running any minute too! Give him the biggest hug and smooch for me please!!! Love you guys.
Oh yeah, and he's known who Jesus was all along. Remember in July? At Doug's GF's house? He was all about that Jesus picture on her frige. I swear, babies know but can't tell us...
That's amazing!! He is so cute walking! I love how he climbed onto you saying MAMAMa. I bet that makes your heart melt! He is such a cute boy and seems SO smart! He seems way ahead of other babies his age. Way to go Porter!
I think it's so sweet how he says Mumma my mumma! Oh what a doll! He loves you so much!
Post a Comment