Monday, January 11, 2010

Painting and Bubble Bath Fun


I've been wanting to come up with some fun activities for Porter and I to do during the days inside since it has been so cold outside. I read about painting with pudding on my friends blog and it looked like a blast and so I really wanted to try it with Porter.I didn't know if Porter would be old enough to enjoy it at all and get the concept of 'painting' but he learned it immediately and ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT ( and he loved eating it as well ). He could have done it for hours and hours if I would have let him. We will definitely be doing this activity again.


After painting.. Porter was an absolute MESS and just covered from head to toe in pudding! So I put him in the tub and added bubbles. It was Porters first time in a bubble bath and he didn't know what to think. The first 5 minutes of the bath he wouldn't sit down. He just stared at all of the bubbles standing up. He kept looking at me like, "mom, what are these..they aren't supposed to be in my bath". But soon he saw his toys and started having fun with the bubbles. He was so cute playing in the tub.



5 comments:

Shirley said...

That looks like SOOOO much fun! He did so good at staying on the paper. I worry about Ryan not doing that. We need to try it out. You are such a good fun mommy!

Aly said...

YAY! I am so glad the painting with pudding fever has spread! We can't get enough of it. He looks like he had a delicious blast!

Cerra said...

I just hope he doesn't eat the paint when he gets into kindergarten. Hee hee. That looks so fun!

Ben and Amy said...

That's such a great idea.. I may have to steal it...haha.. it sure looks like he had ablast doing it too.. wow, thanks for letting us enjoy the great pictures

G&D said...

I'm dying Em - absolutely dying with delight :) What a great activity and wonderful new experience for Porter where he could use all of his senses. I'm so proud of you - you are such a wonderful mother. I love you!
*And boy what a cutie!