Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Fun on the 4th of July!

First of all on this Independence Day, I want to let everyone know how proud I am to be an American! We have so many freedoms and opportunities here that most people around the world couldn't even dream about having! I think having traveled to many countries around the world, seeing those who are so less fortunate than us here, makes me even that much more greatful for this free land.. the wonderful UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!!!
Today was an absolutely wonderful, perfect, day!! Paul especially had been looking forward to this day for at least the last couple of months. He made sure that we were stocked full of fireworks, and couldn't wait until the evening
to light them all. We started the evening off with an absolutely delicious barbeque, and thanks to my wonderful mommy, we had all the food that anyones stomach could desire...we had big fat juice hamburgers, hotdogs, bratts, chips, salads, fruit, vegies, etc. and finished the meal off with some strawberry and pudding shortcake! YUMMY!! I decided to be a little cheesy this 4th of July and made sure that Paul and I had matching 4th of July T-shirts! Haha..
It was fun!
After everyone was done eating, we all went to the front yard with blankets and chairs and anticipated the start of the awesome firework show that Paul had prepared for all of us. We were especially excited for the homemade firework that Paul had made.
He is going to get mad at me for putting the video on here because he didn't like the way it turned out. I LOVED IT, so here it is! :) What a wonderful 4th of July we had!

5 comments:

Cerra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cerra said...

I am surprised that boy still has all of his fingers and eyebrows. That thing looked nuts! I'm glad you guys had a good time. Love you.

Razzleberry said...

It looked a little like the model rockets he used to make and want Cerra and I to watch as he launched them. It was truly taking our lives in our hands to be anywhere near them! Especially the ones that went sideways...

Anonymous said...

The best one of those rockets was when for my "modifications" caused it just to explode...It was like 2 M80's going off simultaneously! I later found the little stand I made for it about half-way down the block...Good times...

G&D said...

It thought Paul's rocket was Awesome- and the kids loved it! Thanks for making the Fourth of July so special for us all! The decorations were Awesome Em!! - Love you all, Donna