Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Is it the shoes?!

So, a couple of years ago I came across one of the fanciest, schmanciest pair of shoes I'd ever seen...These, are those shoes:




Check out more pictures and info of these shoes here.


After some research and investigation, I learned that these were an Asian exclusive pair released as a limited edition Hoop Pack in 2006. I then later found out that these shoes were nearly impossible to find...I've only seen these twice on eBay (and some fakes of them, too) but not in my size...So, through some more investigation it seems that these weren't even made in my size (14US).

So I had almost come to terms that I would never be able to get me a pair of this totally righteous sneaks.

But then, I had an epiphony! I would make my own! Don't laugh just yet, let me explain...While these particular shoes were never released in the US and never in size 14, there was a 100% white variation of the shoe that was, these ones, shown here:


So I found a pretty cheap pair of these on eBay and then set out to learn anything I could about customizing shoes.


Just recently I finished the first shoe and hope to be done with the second shortly, this was my result using professional-quality leather dyes and paints:



I wish these pictures did it better justice, as I like my version even better than the originals that started this whole thing! The hues and contrasts and textures on mine are AMAZING in real life!


Hopefully next time you see me it'll be in my new supa' shoes! :P




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness sweetheart.. you did such a wonderfully awesome job! I can't even tell a difference between the ones you painted, and the real ones.. I think yours even look better!! You are so incredible!! Hopefully you will pass your artistic gene onto our children!! :) I love you Paulie so much!! Good job! I am so proud of you!!

Cerra said...

Nice work. You and Emily should really post under different accounts. I thought Emily was talking about sneakers for a while. But very nice job.

Paul said...

Indeed...Seperate accounts, activated!

Razzleberry said...

They certainly look better than what I thought they would look like when you first told us what you were going to do.

Now, how can you wear them and get them dirty after all of that work?

You should just hand them on the wall.