I just finished this book for Book Club and 'Same Kind of Different As Me' is hands down one of the best stories I have ever read. I would recommend this book to anyone. This amazing true story tells how God brought two very different people in the most unlikely way, how their relationship evolved to the deepest of friendships, and the woman who brought them together changed both their lives forever. It's also the story of how God can bring us through the most painful circumstances with His limitless love. I shed a lot of tears as I read this book, but by the end, I was in awe of how powerful love and friendship really are. The book is co-authored by Denver Moore and Ron Hall. 
This is how the publisher described the book:
A dangerous, homeless drifter who grew up picking cotton in virtual slavery.An upscale art dealer accustomed to the world of Armani and Chanel.A gutsy woman with a stubborn dream. A story so incredible no novelist would dare dream it.It begins outside a burning plantation hut in Louisiana . . . and an East Texas honky-tonk . . . and, without a doubt, in the heart of God. It unfolds in a Hollywood hacienda . . . an upscale New York gallery . . . a downtown dumpster . . . a Texas ranch.Gritty with pain and betrayal and brutality, this true story also shines with an unexpected, life-changing love.
I just love this book and it is full of all sorts of incredibly wonderful quotes; especially from Denver Moore. Here are a couple of my favorites:
“I found out everybody’s different – the same kind of different as me. We’re all just regular folks walkin down the road God done set in front of us. The truth about it is, whether we is rich or poor or something in between, this earth ain’t no final restin place. So in a way, we is all homeless – just workin our way toward home"
"Our limitation is God's opportunity. When you get all the way to the end of your rope and there ain't nothin you can do, that's when God takes over."
"If you is fishin' for a friend you just gon' catch and release, then I ain't got no desire to be your friend. But if you is lookin' for a real friend, then I'll be one. Forever."
No comments:
Post a Comment