Sunday, February 20, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday Sweetheart

Dear Portie,

Another year has come and gone so quickly and I can't believe that you are already two years old. I can't believe how many ways you have grown and developed this past year. On a daily basis you surprise your daddy and me with the things you’ve discovered in your world. Your favorite things to do are playing dinosaurs, driving cars on your car mats, coloring beautiful pictures, giving kissies and big hugs, going to the park, reading books with Daddy, watching the 'baby mudee' (movie), kicking balls, dancing, and snuggling on the couch with your blankie. Your sweet disposition and sensitivity amazes everyone around you. Numerous times I have found you rocking your little dinosaurs and stuffed animals on the couch with a blankie. You often come up to your daddy and me and stroke our hair and rub our backs and give us lots of loves. You are so sweet. You are so intelligent and such a quick learner Porter. You have mastered your colors, learned lots of letters of the alphabet, know many of your shapes, and can count from 1-3 and then skip from 9-10. You know so many words and are starting to form sentences.
You are fearless, incredibly independent, and full of happiness and sunshine.You have started sleeping through the nights and no longer want to be rocked to sleep (much to Mommy's dismay). But at least Mommy still gets lots of other cuddle time with you. You are such a beautiful boy in every way!

Porter, watching you these last 2 years has been absolutely amazing. You have brought so much joy into our lives and you have made us happier than we knew we could be. What a blessing and gift it is to be your Mother. I love you more than you will ever know. I am so excited to continue to watch you grow, develop and learn. I am so excited to see what plans Heavenly Father has for you in your life. Love you so much sweetheart!!

Love,
Mommy


No comments: