Thursday, November 5, 2009

Fall Catch up!

WOW.. it has been a while since I have blogged, so here I am playing catch again. Just to warn you..there are tons of pictures on this post. We have really enjoyed the Fall season this year. I love everything about Fall. I love taking long walks in the cooler weather, I love wearing sweaters and jackets, cooking soups and stews and baking pies, celebrating Halloween and I especially love the changing colors of the leaves. This Fall, Porter and I have spent a great amount of time playing in the leaves. It has been so much fun watching him touch the leaves and listen to the crackling sounds that they make. Here are a bunch of pictures of Porter playing in the leaves.
We also found out last Monday, that we would be moving to a 4-plex in Bountiful. We found an awesome deal and moved 5 days later. Talk about stressful!! It is a lot harder to pack and unpack when you have a small baby. But our apartment is almost set up to how we like it. Living up here will be so much better for Paul making him much closer to his work and to school. We had been living with my family for a long time and will miss them a lot! We really appreciate my Mom for letting us live there for so long and for all that she did for us while we were there. We also really appreciate all of those that came and helped us move. Thanks so much everyone!!!



We had a WONDERFUL Halloween and I can't believe that it is over already. We had a very fun Halloween party at my aunts house a couple of weeks before Halloween and then celebrated on the 31st with my family. My Mom made an incredible Halloween dinner which included delicious Cream of potatoe and broccoli soup (served in a pumpkin), breadsticks (shaped like bones), yummy dip (with carrots 'fingers'), apple scary teeth, a cheese, meat and cracker platter, chips, and an awesome drink with 'fish' and 'fish eggs', etc. After dinner, we put Porter down for the night and we all watched 1408. It was super scary and perfect for Halloween night (even though I hated the ending.) For Halloween Porter was an adorable dragon. He was SUPER cute in his costume. Paul and I were supposed to be a knight and a princess to match Porter, but when we went shopping for costumes Paul saw a Wheaties box and had to be it for Halloween. (MEN..haha) So I found a "Lady of Versailles" costume.. and none of us matched..whoops! But we still have fun. And yes, I do know that my hair is showing in the front of my wig..haha! :)

2 comments:

Shirley said...

Porter makes such a cute dragon!! That wheaties box is hilarious. I can't blame him for wanting to be that! haha! I'm glad you are almost all moved in. It took me forever when we moved into my mom's house. Hopefully having an 8 month old will be easier than a newborn. I also love the pictures of Porter in the leaves. He is such a cutie!

EvaandJosiah said...

OMG, THAT IS SO AWESOME! I love Pauls costume, thats great. Porter looks so cute with his hat in the first little set of pictures and you oufcourse adorable, and those halloween themed food arrangements were awesome! Wow you had too much fun! I bet Teddy got 1/10 of a work out helping you guys move. He is so strong, it's that Viking Spirit I guess :)