HA
PPY FATHERS DAY to all of those wonderful fathers out there!! On this special day, I wanted to especially thank my own Dad!! I will forever be indebted to him for everything that he has taught me. Among the many things I have learned from him, I am especially grateful for his appreciation and love for different countries and culture...and the incredible importance of family history and in knowing our ancestors and the places and people that we came from. Because of him, I have had incredible experiences traveling to over 15 countries. He has also instilled in me a great appreciation for books, knowledge and education and made me thankful for the many opportunities that are open to us because we live in a free country! And I think as I become older, I appreciate these things more and more! Another thing I love about my Dad, is that he is so aware of our individual needs, and will go out of his way to do cute little thoughtful things for us! Whether it be random articles that he cuts out and gives us about something we are interested in, or quietly asking us how our day was while we are lying in bed... he tried his best to show us in his own special way that he loves us and cares about each one of us individually. My father is a truely loving man. There are so many more reasons why I love my father, but these are just a couple. Dad, HAPPY FATHERS DAY! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH and am so thankful for you!!Also, I wanted to say thank you so much to my husbands fathers Doug and Clyde. You both have touched my husbands life (and my life) in such incredible ways. You both are marvelous, wonderful men, and I am thankful that my husband (and me :) ) were able to be so blessed with wonderful Dad's like you both!! I want you both to know how thankful I am, that you are in our lives, and that you really have touched us and changed us both for the better! You have been incredible examples to us, and we have learned so much from the both of you!! HAPPY FATHERS DAY DOUG AND CLYDE! WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!!Here is just a poem about fathers that I found, that I loved, so enjoy!!What Makes a Dad
God took the strength of a mountain, The majesty of a tree,
The warmth of a summer sun,
The calm of a quiet sea,
The generous soul of nature,
The comforting arm of night,
The wisdom of the ages,
The power of the eagle's flight,
The joy of a morning in spring,
The faith of a mustard seed,
The patience of eternity,
The depth of a family need,
Then God combined these qualities,
When there was nothing more to add,
He knew His masterpiece was complete,
And so,
He called it ... Dad
- Author Unknown
1 comment:
Cute poem, Em.
Post a Comment